Welcome to a universe of unlimited opportunity. Here you can enter the suit of a space engineer and tackle the challenges of trying to build ships and space stations in zero-g.
Space Engineers (Early Access) is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Space Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed. The game comes with two game modes: creative and survival.
Volumetric objects are structures composed from block-like modules interlocked in a grid. Volumetric objects behave like real physical objects with mass, inertia and velocity. Individual modules have real volume and storage capacity.
Space Engineers is inspired by reality and by how things work. Think about modern-day NASA technology extrapolated 60 years into the future. Space Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and doesn't use technologies that wouldn't be feasible in the near future.
Space Engineers concentrates on construction aspects, but can be played as a tactical shooter as well. We expect players to avoid engaging in direct man-to-man combat and instead use their creativity and engineering skills to build war machines and fortifications. Space Engineers shouldn’t be about troops; it should be about the machinery you build.
Includes Miner Wars 2081 and Miner Wars Arena - $25.00 Value!
UPC: 811002011662 AND UPC: 811002012577
- Game modes
- Creative – unlimited resources, instant building, no death
- Survival – realistic management of resources and inventory capacity; manual building; death and respawn
- Single-player – you are the sole space engineer
- Multiplayer - alpha version (not a final version)
- Creative and survival mode with your friends
- Cooperative and competitive
- Privacy customization: offline, private, friends only, public
- Max 16 players (this may increase in the future)
- Weapons on/off
- Copy-paste on/off
- Easy Start 1 – start on an asteroid platform with one large ship and two small ships
- Easy Start 2 – start in a green asteroid station with several large and small ships (this is a large scene!)
- Lone Survivor – start on an abandoned asteroid platform with no ships
- Crashed Red Ship – your mother ship just crashed...
- Two Platforms – competitive two-team multi-player world
- Asteroids – start in a rescue ship with very limited resources
- Empty World – no asteroids, no ships; suitable for creative mode
- Dedicated servers - allow players to connect to a third party host, rather than using a player-host, in a peer-to-peer set-up. The result is a faster connection and a more fluent multiplayer performance with less lag
Ships (small and large ships – build them, pilot them and crush them
- Space stations
- First-person & Third-person
- Drilling / harvesting
- Manual building in survival mode – use welder to assemble blocks from components; use grinder to disassemble and reuse components
- Deformable and destructible objects – real proportions, mass, storage capacity, integrity
- Building blocks - light armor (cube, slope, corner), heavy armor, interior wall, interior light, small cockpit, large cockpit, cargo container(s), drill (character, large/small ship), ore detector, gravity generator, nuclear reactor, thruster, gyroscope, assembler, medical room, magnetic landing gears, spotlight, catwalk, cover wall, stairs, ramp, window(s), pillar, decoy, wheels, automated turrets, weapons, artificial mass, conveyor, collector, connector, merge block, camera, sensor, timer
- Magnetic landing gears – attach your ship to a surface (another ship or asteroid)
- Electricity - all blocks in a grid are wired in an electrical and computer network; electricity is generated by nuclear reactors
- Gravity – produced by gravity generators. Spherical gravity generator also available.
- Rotors – create rotating objects
- Refinery - process harvested ore to ingots
- Assembler - manufacture components from ingots
- Symmetry/Mirroring Mode - useful in creative mode when building structures that require symmetry
- Weapons - automatic rifle, small and large explosive warheads, small ship gatling gun, small ship missile launcher
- Solar panels - produce energy depending on the amount of light that they catch from the sun
- World management – generate new worlds, “save as” to multiple copies, auto-save every 5 minutes (can be turned on/off), edit world settings
- 32-bit & 64-bit - 64-bit version expands the amount of objects, ships and asteroids (almost unlimited)
- And much more!
ESRB: TEEN, Drug Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Language
Developer: Keen Software House
OS: Windows XP (latest SP)
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz (or AMD equivalent)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870 / Intel HD Graphics 4000
Hard Drive: 2 GB free space
Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection