Tri Synergy, an evolutionary approach to software publishing
Welcome to a universe of unlimited opportunity!
Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization, pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Train Simulator 2015 brings to life the thrill of driving high speed trains on real world routes in incredible detail. Learn to master all kinds of trains, locations and situations as you qualify to be a train driver. Ride the rails of New York’s busiest passenger route, take an alpine adventure from Munich and drive the express service to London in a variety of challenging career scenarios.
Spintires™ is an Intel® award winning off-road driving experience designed to challenge the player's driving skill and endurance. Take responsibility of operating large all-terrain Soviet vehicles and venture across the rugged landscapes with only a map and compass to guide you.
WRC Powerslide blends the spirit of WRC with the challenges of arcade action. Race against three other opponents on the same stage. They can be driven by AI or your friends in multiplayer mode! Master the skills of drifting, accelerating and braking to achieve victory.
Become an emergency pilot and test your skills to their limits, as you sit in the cockpit of an emergency helicopter, across more than 40 challenging missions. Choose from 8 models of 'copter, each varying in size, ability and specs. Fighting forest fires, communication failures, and conducting perilous search and rescue missions are just the start...
X Rebirth offers loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore and master. Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours.
X Rebirth Update 3.0 released New update ready in time for the Christmas Holidays
Egosoft is happy to announce the release of Update 3.0 for X Rebirth today, which comes with a host of new features, improvements and bugfixes. These new features cover several different areas and we've created a set of videos which discuss the improvements made with Update 3.0:
Exploration has always been a big part of the game so it shouldn't be a surprise that Update 3.0 focuses heavily on exploration by introducing the new Crafting Feature (video link). By finding Lockboxes, which are scattered around the universe, you will receive different items which you can use in different ways. Some can be used in missions, others influence NPCs during Smalltalk and some can simply be sold for good money.
Selling and buying wares is a basic principle of any economic system. To makeTrading(video link) more exciting and profitable the whole economy was re-balanced with Update 3.0.
For theFleet Captains (video link) among you X Rebirth 3.0 resolves the problem of issuing commands to a number of ships at the same time by introducing the new Broadcast command.
While Station Builders (video link) will be pleased to hear that it's now possible to build stations in empty space zones, basically removing the limit of construction places.
We've talked about the updates to trade, fight and build, but we shouldn't forget the last of the four X Rebirth themes: Think. Ideally, you don't only want to think yourself, but also have employees who can think for you. To make your personnel smarter and improve their skills, NPC Education (video link) is another new feature you will find in X Rebirth 3.0.
But this is far from everything. For those, who prefer a pirate-playing style there are several new ways of Hacking and Sabotaging Stations (video link) and also the Boarding(video link) of ships has been changed .
For more information about Update 3.0 changes and new features, we suggest reading the dedicated 3.0 manual, which you can download here.
In addition to the many new features and improvements, you'll also be pleased to read that many bugs have been fixed and that the performance in different situations has been improved.
As usual, you can find the full changelog in our forums here. Steam will update your game to the latest version automatically, unless it has been configured otherwise.
Teladi Outpost DLC
First X Rebirth DLC released: The Teladi Outpost
Most people know Teladi as a race of greedy, little lizards who only pay attention to a problem if there's a monetary advantage in it for them. While it's true that the Teladi are a rather profit-orientated species, prejudices have led to many antipathies against them in the known systems. If you've ever spent some time on a platform you've probably already heard some nasty words about the Teladi. Cut off from their own territory and stranded in human systems they're not really welcome in, there are certainly better places a Teladi could wish to be. Fortunately for the Teladi though, times change.
A gate realignment has made possible what the Teladi have long hoped for: a connection to two Teladi systems. X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost opens these systems to the Teladi and of course, to you.
These new Teladi systems contain many new interesting places. Among them is probably one of the biggest and most impressive stations ever built: the Habitat-class Teladi superstation, Overwatch. Producing not only ships and wares, it serves as a home to most Teladi and is definitely worth visiting. When travelling the new systems you'll easily notice the new Teladi ships which no human being has ever seen before. You'll find new wares and upgrades for the Skunk and discover one or two secrets as well.
But it's not all roses. While the gate realignment established a connection to Argon and Terran space, the connection to the Teladi territority was lost, so supplies have been cut off. On top of all that, Xenon and Pirate factions exacerbate life for the Teladi and dangerous regions can make the navigation through some sectors quite a challenge.
Lots of changes, but also risks await the player in the Teladi Outpost DLC - the perfect place to be for an entrepreneur, a trader or a fighter.
So what are you waiting for? Jump into the Albion Skunk, collect your ships and make some profit – or as a Teladi would say: Sahber ssu ogsom ssu eosh, wjasr.
EGOSOFT, founded in 1990, is one of Germany’s leading game developers. Its team of industry veterans and dedicated game enthusiasts entered the international stage with the widely-acclaimed X-Beyond the Frontier space simulation game in 1999. EGOSOFT is now exclusively dedicated to setting new standards in the space game genre and continuing to improve the gameplay experience for fans of the X Universe. For more information on EGOSOFT and its products visit http://www.egosoft.com.
About Tri Synergy
Founded in 1996, Tri Synergy is a video game and computer software publishing company that offers software developers a turnkey publishing solution that is an alternative to the traditional model of affiliate labels and licensing programs. For more information on Tri Synergy and their products visit http://www.trisynergy.com.
The Retail Version Features a Limited Edition that Includes the Space Engineers Game Together With a Bunch of Extra Content
Prague, Czech Republic (October 31, 2014) – Independent developer Keen Software House announced that their pc-hit space-based sandbox game, Space Engineers, has been released to retail stores this week. The first batch of the retail version will be available in North America through Walmart and Amazon, in South Africa, Australia (exclusively through EB), New Zealand and throughout designated countries in Europe*. The retail version features a Limited Edition that includes Space Engineers, two bonus games from Keen Software House - Miner Wars 2081 and Miner Wars Arena, the official game soundtrack, exclusive art cards, a sticker and heaps of bonus digital content.
“Space Engineers has been growing constantly during its first year and by releasing this special boxed edition we are aiming to introduce the game to a broader audience and give them the chance to try our game” commented Marek Rosa, CEO and Founder of Keen Software House. “Another big reason that makes this release very important is that Space Engineers is one of the very first Early Access games that has made it into retail stores and we believe that starting with our game, players will change their perception about Early Access titles and take them more seriously. In this sense we are somewhat like pioneers that are trying to change the gaming industry!”
Space Engineers is entering its second year in Early Access development and recently celebrated an important milestone of one million copies sold. The game is supported by an enthusiastic community of players who are actively participating in the development by providing feedback and suggestions, and helping to further improve and expand the game.
Important Note - Space Engineers is an Early Access game, which means that it is still under development but already in a very playable state and contains a vast amount of new features that have been added since its first release (e.g. Multiplayer, Survival mode). The game is being improved on a regular basis through updates that add and polish features and content, optimizations and bug fixes.
About Keen Software House Established in 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, Keen Software House is an independent game development studio aiming to create games that are based on real science, real facts, real physics and real emotions. The company’s first title Miner Wars 2081 was released in 2012. Keen Software House develops its own in-house game engine VRAGE, currently in the second version and its core feature is volumetricity of the environment. Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0. More information at www.keenswh.com
About Tri Synergy (NA distributor) Founded in 1996, Tri Synergy is a video game and computer software publishing company that offers software developers a turnkey publishing solution that is an alternative to the traditional model of affiliate labels and licensing programs. For more information on Tri Synergy and their products visit www.trisynergy.com.
About Merge Games (EU, AU distributor) Merge Games is an independent publisher based in Manchester, UK. We specialise in publishing collectable games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. For more information visit www.mergegames.com.
X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions - Press Release
X Rebirth 2.0 Official Launch Trailer
Sharon MA - May 20th, 2014
Egosoft is extremely pleased to finally announce the release of X Rebirth 2.0 – Secret Service Missions. After considerable effort and with an eye to all the great feedback we’ve received, X Rebirth 2.0 represents a major update for a wide variety of gameplay mechanics. Together with the new plot chain, which offers all players membership in the Argon Federation secret service, X Rebirth 2.0 brings a host of new features and improvements including:
New playership modifications allowing for different cockpit configurations for special purposes.
Two new configurable radar modes for the event monitor
An autopilot for your playership
Several new commands for ships in your squad, permitting much finer control over their actions.
A massive overhaul of the game’s balancing, as well as the introduction of three difficulty levels, and achievements for the new difficulty level "hard.”
Multiple new gamestarts in different areas of the universe specially tailored for traders, builders or fighters
A set of beautiful new capital ships which are especially useful for trading in Omicron Lyrae
An overhauled visual look and feel resulting from improved shaders and soft shadows
Lots of UI and menu improvements
Ability to deal remotely with lots of NPCs without the need to land on stations
Redesigned highway gameplay
Better support for joysticks
X Rebirth 2.0 - Secret Service Missions will be released on May 20th 2014 on the Steam digital distribution platform, and is available as a free update to all our customers.
X Rebirth 2.0 launch screenshots - Link Detailed document explaining all new features of X Rebirth 2.0- Link
About EGOSOFTEGOSOFT, founded in 1990, is one of Germany’s leading game developers. Its team of industry veterans and dedicated game enthusiasts entered the international stage with the widely-acclaimed X-Beyond the Frontier space simulation game in 1999. EGOSOFT is now exclusively dedicated to setting new standards in the space game genre and continuing to improve the gameplay experience for fans of the X Universe. For more information on EGOSOFT and its products visit http://www.egosoft.com.
About Tri SynergyFounded in 1996, Tri Synergy is a video game and computer software publishing company that offers software developers a turnkey publishing solution that is an alternative to the traditional model of affiliate labels and licensing programs. For more information on Tri Synergy and their products visit http://www.trisynergy.com.
689 Main Street Suite #278 Walpole, MA 02081
Egosoft is pleased to announce the availability of patch 1.25 for X Rebirth, along with a preview of several projects to be released in the near term. This update is comprised of two sections. Section one is a quick overview of the progress of the last couple of patches, and an explanation of their main features. Section two gives a quick outlook on what is currently being worked on, and what can be expected over the next few months.
- Smalltalk used to unlock a random reward if you managed to convince an NPC on a platform that you had something interesting to say about a topic. With 1.25, the smalltalk mini-game still works the same way, but rather than getting a random reward, the NPC will now offer the player a choice. For example, if the NPC is a dealer of some kind, you can ask him to give you a discount, or you can ask him if he knows a qualified NPC for a certain job, and he will tell you where to find the best one in your vicinity. For example, the next time the player needs a good pilot, locating the best pilot on a station will be much easier.
- Another new feature is the ability to hire agents on stations which will make sure that you are always kept up to date on all trade offers from that station. This feature can be combined with the trade computer extension to minimize the need to collect trade offers on stations manually. There is also a new feature that allows the player to see all trade offers per station from the station's info menu.
- The target locking update introduces a secondary method of setting a target object which is very similar to the targeting functionality seen in the X3 games. You can now press Shift F to get a lock on the object closest to your crosshair, or Shift E to get a lock on the nearest enemy by distance. Once this targeting mode is activated, the player can press page up and page down to cycle through more objects of the same category in clockwise/counter-clockwise order (or in the case of enemies: closer/farther-away targets). The other methods of dealing with target locks still work in parallel, but before the event monitor can show environment objects again, the player must first release the last explicit target object - by clicking in empty space, for example.
2. The Near Future Now let me list a few projects we are currently working on, and which will be released in some form over the coming months. Note that this is FAR from a complete list. The following are a few examples of the different areas being worked on, and they are vaguely sorted in the order they may be released:
- Support for Steam Workshop integration: We will soon start releasing a number of tools on Steam to help modders work on X Rebirth. We are also working on full support for the Steam Workshop in order to make it possible for everybody to easily install mods by merely subscribing to them, and by making it easy for mod developers to distribute their work through Steam.
- Map on event monitor: This was already mentioned before. The first step will be to enable the map rendering on the event monitor whenever it currently shows no signal. We will then introduce some configuration options so the player can decide whether to view the map zone map on the monitor or the current text information.
- Improved support for joysticks and other input devices: We are working on improving the input mapping menu and the general support for input devices. There have been numerous individual requests in this area, and we are trying to keep this as flexible as possible so X Rebirth can be configured to make best use of all kinds of input devices.
- Improvements to menus: Improving our menu system is a big task, but some features that we've heard requested often could materialize within the next one or two months. A good example of this is a more powerful text based filtering system for menus akin to the trade menu. After we have added text input menus for renaming your ship, the next step will be to enable this functionality in live menus allowing the player to filter quickly with their keyboard.
- 64bit EXE: Right now X Rebirth only runs on 64bit Windows because of the amount of memory required, but it is still a 32bit executable. We are experimenting with a new 64bit executable that could potentially improve several issues. Rolling out the 64bit EXE will probably happen as a beta in parallel to the 32bit EXE. Depending on the feedback, we will then gradually move away from a 32bit EXE.
- Providing interaction functionality with NPCs from space to minimize forced landing: I know many people do not like being forced to land on stations for frequently repeated tasks. The first step to address this will be to have a list of all NPCs on a station available from the station info menu, and to then make some activities possible remotely. You will still probably need to be in the vicinity of the station - so that drones can take over the transport of acquired goods for example - but you only have to land to play missions and to pick up or deliver people.
- Highway redesign: We've heard a lot of criticism on the way the highways behaves, so we are experimenting with radically different gameplay inside the highways. It's still too early to provide details, but as soon as we have a prototype, we will probably make this available as a beta. How soon this will then be rolled out for public release will then depend on feedback we receive.
Again: There are many other things we are working on. We will continue to add features and of course fix bugs. Please stay tuned!